Knowing the importance and uses of Mango
It has been said that mangoes are the most commonly eaten fresh fruit.Mangoes are usually eaten raw, with the peel and flat fibrous pit discarded. You can also puree them and incorporate them into smoothies, baked goods and desserts. Eating mangoes regularly is one of the easiest ways to add a plethora of important nutrients to your diet.
-A comfort food. Mangoes really can make you feel better! Beyond being delicious and rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, mangoes contain an enzyme with stomach soothing properties similar to papain found in papayas. These comforting enzymes act as a digestive aid and can be held partially responsible for that feeling of contentment we experience during and after our daily mango ritual.
-Mangoes are high in fiber, with one cup of sliced mango providing 3 g or about 12 percent of the daily value for fiber, based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
-Most of the fiber in mangoes is in the soluble form. Soluble fiber aids digestion, help prevents constipation
-Help lower your cholesterol. Lower cholesterol, in turn, helps prevent the onset of heart disease
-Mangoes are a rich source of vitamin C. A 1-cup serving of sliced mango provides 100 percent of the daily value for this important nutrient. Vitamin C aids in the growth and repair of various tissues in the body, especially blood vessels and wounds. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant
-Vitamin A, another antioxidant, is also plentiful in mangoes. One cup of sliced mango provides 35 percent of the daily value for this nutrient. In addition to eliminating free radicals from the body before they can damage tissues, vitamin A is important in maintaining good eyesight, Its antioxidant properties may also help prevent some of the effects of aging, although data is currently inconclusive on this point.
Mangoes produce a toxin in their peel and sap that is similar to toxins in poison ivy and poison oak. It can cause a contact dermatitis reaction, especially to lips, palate, gums and tongue. These areas may become tingly, swollen, itchy and even blistered. If you’ve had a previous reaction to poison ivy or poison oak, you may be particularly susceptible to this reaction.
You can leave a response
, or trackback
from your own site.